How Registry Repair Tools Work
Registry repair tools are tools that clean and reorganize the files in your PC's registry which are an essential part of the overall running processes of your PC's operating system. During normal computer usage, the registry files become damaged and corrupt which causes your PC's performance to slow down.
Types of Tasks That Registry Repair Tools Perform
There are many tasks that registry repair tools can perform. Here are a few of the most common tasks for registry repair.
- Malicious Files: If you have ever had malware or a virus slip by your antivirus program, a registry repair tool will repair and remove any hidden files that are leftover in your PC's registry. Although you have removed the malware or virus there are usually files that are still present in the registry.
- Broken Files: Over a period of time files in your computer can become corrupt or broken as a result of installing and uninstalling programs and other normal actions that take place during computer use. Registry repair tools go through your registry and clear out all of the broken files that are causing your PC to run slowly.
- Unnecessary File Scan: Registry repair tools can perform a scan of your registry to locate files that are unnecessary to the operation of your computer. Once the scanner finds a file, it provides you with the option of whether to repair the file or delete it from the registry. When the scanning process is complete, the tool will delete any spaces between the files and compress the registry for improved performance.
- Registry Backup: A good registry repair tool will backup your registry in the event of a mishap during registry cleaning or a system failure. This way you can always revert back to the old registry configuration.
- Browser Restore: If you use Internet Explorer, a good registry tool will restore all of the settings in your browser in the event you have picked up malicious files such as a browser helper or browser hijacker.
- Deep Drill: This registry repair tool goes a little deeper into your registry than the unnecessary file scanner. It is capable of locating files that are hidden deep in your registry and then reporting the errors back to you so you can make a decision as to what should be done with each file.
Keep in mind that it is very important to remember to backup everything on your PC before deploying a registry repair tool. This way you can easily restore everything in case something happens during the cleaning process.